Develop Testing Solutions
Our team is seeking a Testing Analyst & Automation developer who has experience in software development and testing and has interest in developing a career in QA/QC Automation. As participant in the software development process, a QA Analyst performs software tests and detects any potential issues. The QA Specialist works with Environmental Scientists, Chemical Engineers, Regulation Specialists, Project Managers as well as the Software Development Group to ensure high quality of the software.
This is a full time, entry-level salaried position, located in our Technoparc office in St. Laurent QC.
- Participates in design meetings and provides feedback for development requirements.
- Uses provided requirements to produce the testing plan.
- Prepares and Executes test cases for functional, integration and regression testing for new functionalities, improvements, and bug fixes, then records results in the Defect management tool.
- Writes and automates unit, reliability, security and performance testing in an efficient manner
- Manages and Updates the library of Automated tests
- Identifies potential problems as soon as possible in the development process (e.g. bugs/defects or risks) and reports the results in an accurate and detailed way.
- Completes assigned tasks within set deadlines, while following appropriate procedures.
- Experience in software testing and writing software for Automated testing
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related fields
- In addition to testing background, exposure to any of the following fields is considered an advantage: Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Chemical Engineering
Why Choose the ERA Team?
- Excellent writing and communication skills - Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Capability to create content in a clear and concise manner, for reporting defects, documenting the testing process, creating test cases.
- Proven experience of software applications testing
- Experience with C# development
- Very good knowledge of SQL tools and databases will be considered an asset
- Work experience with Selenium
- Capability of understanding and interpreting user and development requirements.
- Exhibit sound judgement, keen eye for details and tenacity for solving difficult problems
- Excellent knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and QA methodologies
- Good analytical abilities and time management skills
- Hands on experience in using at least one Defect Management Tool
- Good knowledge of functional and structural testing design techniques
- Ability to work under pressure with short deadlines
- Flexibility and proficiency at setting priorities
We strive to provide you with an exciting position that will give you a full-time career with long-term growth potential. We’re looking to commit to you in the long-term and investing in your success.
Joining the ERA team comes with many perks:
- Breakfast and lunch program from our in-house kitchen, where you'll get hot, fresh meals, including vegan and vegetarian options. Also includes snacks, drinks, and coffee.
- Employee fitness center with cardio, weights, machines, and access to a personal trainer. Employee lockers and private showers.
- Ergonomic sit/stand desks, a bright and airy open concept work spaces, and private desks.
- Above-standard salaries and benefit packages. Extra days off in addition to standard civic holidays. Full-time employees are eligible for medical, travel medical, life, and disability insurance, and prescription medication coverage.
- A focus on advancing your career and helping you develop your interests into your profession.
- ERA’s offices are located 850 m from the future light rail (REM) Technoparc station. This campus is currently served by the STM (bus # 72) Du College Metro and Fairview bus station.
ERA is a place for passionate and driven people who want to have pride in what they do, pride in the positive impact they have for the environment, and pride in being part of an amazing team.
- We are team players. We enjoy collaborating and hearing other viewpoints.
- We aren't fazed by multiple deadlines, accountability, or challenges.
- We believe the goal of marketing is to help people rather than push a product.
- We enjoy tackling scientifically complex projects and love to innovate.