ERA-EHS is a world-leading developer of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) software for manufacturers across a broad range of industries, particularly the automotive, chemical, and petroleum sectors. We invent and develop software solutions to help manufacturers across the world track, report, and reduce their environmental footprint. Our base of operations is in Montreal, QC, and the United States. We are dedicated to scientific accuracy in emissions reporting and offering the most advanced EHS tools on the market. We believe in a highly collaborative work and sales environment, in which business ownership is shared across multiple specializations and disciplines.
What makes us unique is our dedication to maintaining our scientific foundation.
Our software is created by inventive, passionate environmental scientists.
We have currently one position open: Environmental Scientist
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data entry: entering raw materials into client databases
- Review and understand industrial manufacturing processes, to quantify and calculate air emissions, water releases, and waste shipments.
- Research, Develop and Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and practices, environmental regulations.
- Design and develop procedures and processes for automation of data collection.
- Technical review and software testing, communication of ideas and issues to the development team.
- Build strong relationship with internal and external stakeholders of the project.
- Effectively communicates with the client, ERA project team and other cross-functional departments to ensure all project requirements and milestones are understood and delivered according to the project plan.
- Plan, develop, and follow project management activities to deliver projects on time, on budget, and on scope.
- Provide customer support for the ERA EMS software.
- Working as part of a team to implement multiple concurrent medium to large scale projects.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related fields
- 1-3 years of consulting or manufacturing experience related to Greenhouse Gases, Air emission calculations, Waste Management, Environmental Regulations, and/or Manufacturing Regulatory Reporting
- Proven ability to establish goals and set clear expectations, organize, and prioritize activities, and follow through with timely execution in a cross functional team environment
- Passionate to work in a software development company and bring innovative ideas to help different industries to automate their workflows and processes
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures with regards to environmental policies and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Not afraid to face difficult situations and tight deadlines
- Ability to understand and work with complex process flows
- Detail-oriented and analytical nature
- Innovative, self-starting work ethic
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Publisher)
- High proficiency in English is required; Spanish would be a great asset.
Why Choose ERA?
- Competitive benefits package (health, dental, vision, and life insurance; group RRSP with partially matched by ERA, vacation time)
- Onsite gym with showers and lockers and organized sports and wellness activities (soccer, basketball, yoga, etc.)
- Located 850m from the future light rail (REM) Technoparc Station.
- Ability to grow in position and responsibilities based on performance.
- Flexible working hours with option for remote work.
- Dynamic work environment where you are sure to be challenged, learn, and grow.
- ERA is committed to the long-term development of its employees and offers to pay tuition for continued education.
- You’ll have the chance to travel to client sites to implement software projects and see first-hand how our solutions are used in real life by real users.
ERA Environmental Management Solutions (ERA) is a global software development firm located in the Montreal Technoparc (St-Laurent, Quebec). ERA’s Environmental Management Software is the leader in accurate air, water, and waste reporting and compliance management. This simple, unified platform gives users total insight into their environmental performance and reduces their EH&S overhead by over 80%. ERA Environmental provides trusted and expertly designed EHS software, helping our clients achieve total regulatory compliance and implement sustainability strategies. ERA is dedicated to creating a strong, respectful, and diverse work environment. We are looking for an energetic, vibrant, driven and highly motivated individual who wishes to be challenged, personally and professionally to fill the position of the Junior Business Systems Analyst.
All qualified individuals are invited to submit a CV and cover letter. ERA-EHS will only be contacting candidates we feel are a good fit for the position.
-Candidates will be contacted via telephone if chosen for an interview-
---References will be required upon demand---
Equal Opportunity: ERA Environmental Consulting is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and encourages persons from all backgrounds and origins to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $45,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Bachelor's Degree (required)