Environmental, Health & Safety Assessment Intern
ERA Environmental is seeking an organized, outgoing people-person with a keen interest in environmental science or health & safety management to join our team as an EH&S Assessment Intern. In this role you will work closely with our EH&S Project Managers and learn to assess potential clients and there EH&S project needs. This is a perfect role for self-starters, those who want to help people improve their EH&S performance and build a well-rounded career in the environmental, health & safety field.
This is an hourly- pay position with a duration of 3 to 6 months located at our Technoparc office in Saint-Laurent, QC. Based on performance there may be opportunities to transition to a full time EHS Assessment Specialist role.
This position is essential in ERA's consultative process, playing a key role in facilitating the connection between prospective clients and our senior consultants.
- Build relationships with potential clients.
- Evaluate Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) needs of potential clients.
- Asses if ERA software & services are a good fit.
- Engagement by email and phone.
- Manage logistics of the demonstration process.
- Analyze and report on key performance indicators.
- A positive attitude, self-confidence, and good demeanor while talking on the phone.
- A clear speaking voice, fluency in English, and ability to articulate.
- CEGEP or higher with a focus related to Environmental Science, Human Environment, Chemistry, Health & Safety, Communications or other related fields.
- Great communication, listening and note taking skills.
- Detail oriented and able to retain complex information.
- Highly organized and a self-starter.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- CRM experience is an asset.
- Ability to speak a second language (preferably Spanish or French) is an asset.
- Customer service experience and / or call center experience is an asset.
Why Choose the ERA Team?
We strive to provide you with an exciting position that will give you a full-time career with long-term growth potential. We’re looking to commit to you in the long-term and investing in your success.
Joining the ERA team comes with many perks:
- Breakfast and lunch program from our in-house kitchen, where you'll get hot, fresh meals, including vegan and vegetarian options. Also includes snacks, drinks, and coffee.
- Employee fitness center with cardio, weights, machines, and access to a personal trainer. Employee lockers and private showers.
- Ergonomic sit/stand desks, a bright and airy open concept work spaces, and private desks.
- Above-standard salaries and benefit packages. Extra days off in addition to standard civic holidays. Full-time employees are eligible for medical, travel medical, life, and disability insurance, prescription medication coverage, and an RRSP matching program.
- Work-life balance perks including nearby child care, prayer room, employee sports teams, career coaching, flexible summer hours, and more.
- A focus on advancing your career and helping you develop your interests into your profession.
ERA is a place for passionate and driven people who want to have pride in what they do, pride in the positive impact they have for the environment, and pride in being part of an amazing team.
- We are team players. We enjoy collaborating and hearing other viewpoints.
- We aren't fazed by multiple deadlines, accountability, or challenges.
- We believe the goal of marketing is to help people rather than push a product.
- We enjoy tackling scientifically complex projects and love to innovate.