Create, Attract, and Educate
Is your career goal to write and educate? Do you enjoy learning new things, researching, and translating information into a reader-friendly format? The team at ERA wants to help you turn your talent with words into a career in marketing.
ERA Environmental is seeking a full-time permanent Content Writer to join the Sales & Marketing team. You will work closely with ERA’s graphic designers, search engine marketers, and environmental scientists to write blog articles, social media posts, web pages, and other online marketing content.
This is a full-time salaried position located in our Technoparc office in St. Laurent QC. This is an entry level position – internship and educational experience can be considered as part of your portfolio.
Please note that during the Covid-19 quarantine procedures this position will accommodate for work from home. This position will require working from the main ERA office at least part time once restrictions are lifted.
- Write 1 -2 well researched, SEO-optimized blog articles to the ERA blog to attract readership and demonstrate our thought leadership in the EH&S sphere.
- Work with the webmaster and SEO team leads to write digital content that educates our site visitors while keeping ERA ranking high in search engine result pages (SERPs).
- Provide text and image suggestions for social media posts on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and other outlets.
- Provide assistance in writing and proofing help files, training files, and other written documents used by the Sales and Marketing team.
- Assist in creating marketing emails that promote ERA software and attract recipients into our sales cycle.
- Provide proofreading and peer reviews on marketing collateral.
- Work with ERA’s scientific research team to create long-form eBooks and whitepapers about topics related to Environmental, Health & Safety, and Sustainability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts or Sciences, preferably focusing on Communications, Commerce, English, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field.
- 1-2 years experience creating materials for web audiences. This is an entry level position – internship and educational experience can be considered as part of your portfolio.
- Working knowledge of SEO tactics, B2B sales, and the Inbound marketing methodology.
- An analytical mind that can digest and translate complex scientific concepts and turn them into accessible materials.
- Organizational and collaboration skills to juggle multiple projects and timelines.
Why Choose the ERA Team?
We strive to provide you with an exciting position that will give you a full-time career with long-term growth potential. We’re looking to commit to you in the long-term and investing in your success.
Joining the ERA team comes with many perks:
- Breakfast and lunch program from our in-house kitchen, where you'll get hot, fresh meals, including vegan and vegetarian options. Also includes snacks, drinks, and coffee.
- Employee fitness center with cardio, weights, machines, and access to a personal trainer. Employee lockers and private showers.
- Ergonomic sit/stand desks, a bright and airy open concept work spaces, and private desks.
- Above-standard salaries and benefit packages. Extra days off in addition to standard civic holidays. Full-time employees are eligible for medical, travel medical, life, and disability insurance, and prescription medication coverage.
- A focus on advancing your career and helping you develop your interests into your profession.
- ERA’s offices are located 850 m from the future light rail (REM) Technoparc station. This campus is currently served by the STM (bus # 72) Du College Metro and Fairview bus station.
ERA is a place for passionate and driven people who want to have pride in what they do, pride in the positive impact they have for the environment, and pride in being part of an amazing team.
- We are team players. We enjoy collaborating and hearing other viewpoints.
- We aren't fazed by multiple deadlines, accountability, or challenges.
- We believe the goal of marketing is to help people rather than push a product.
- We enjoy tackling scientifically complex projects and love to innovate.