Looking for Scientific Minds That Love to Educate and Connect
ERA is seeking someone with a background in the sciences who wants to make communication and education the foundation of their career. Do you love research and examining the world around you but don't want to spend all day in a laboratory? We need a writer with a scientific mind to help us create accurate, researched, and enjoyable blog articles and online content.
ERA Environmental is seeking a full-time permanent Scientific Content Writer to join the Sales & Marketing team. You will work closely with ERA’s graphic designers, search engine marketers, and environmental scientists to write blog articles, social media posts, web pages, and other online marketing content.
This is a full-time salaried position. This is an entry level position – internship and educational experience can be considered as part of your portfolio. Please note that during the Covid-19 quarantine procedures this position will accommodate for work from home. This position will require working from the main ERA office at least part time once restrictions are lifted.
- Write 1 -2 well researched, SEO-optimized blog articles to the ERA blog to attract readership and demonstrate our thought leadership in the EH&S sphere.
- Work with the webmaster and SEO team leads to write digital content that educates our site visitors while keeping ERA ranking high in search engine result pages (SERPs).
- Provide text and image suggestions for social media posts on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and other outlets.
- Provide assistance in writing and proofing help files, training files, and other written documents used by the Sales and Marketing team.
- Assist in creating marketing emails that promote ERA software and attract recipients into our sales cycle.
- Provide proofreading and peer reviews on marketing collateral.
- Work with ERA’s scientific research team to create long-form eBooks and whitepapers about topics related to Environmental, Health & Safety, and Sustainability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sciences, preferably focusing on environmental science, chemistry, toxicology, natural sciences, sustainability, and related sciences.
- Some familiarity with business communications, Search Engine Optimization, and the role of marketing.
- An analytical mind that can digest and translate complex scientific concepts and turn them into accessible materials.
- Organizational and collaboration skills to juggle multiple projects and timelines.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
- Excellent writing and communication skills with the ability to write for a broader audience, including readers who have no scientific background.
- Applicants will be asked to submit a short writing test if selected.
Why Choose the ERA Team?
We strive to provide you with an exciting position that will give you a full-time career with long-term growth potential. We’re looking to commit to you in the long-term and invest in your success.
The ERA Marketing team has striven to ensure that during the pandemic our team members have full time employment, the ability to work from home, flexible hours, and continued support.
When not restricted by COVID requirements, the ERA team also provides many perks:
- Breakfast and lunch program from our in-house kitchen, where you'll get hot, fresh meals, including vegan and vegetarian options. Also includes snacks, drinks, and coffee.
- Employee fitness center with cardio, weights, machines, and access to a personal trainer. Employee lockers and private showers.
- Ergonomic sit/stand desks, a bright and airy open concept work spaces, and private desks.
- Above-standard salaries and benefit packages. Extra days off in addition to standard civic holidays. Full-time employees are eligible for medical, travel medical, life, and disability insurance, and prescription medication coverage.
- A focus on advancing your career and helping you develop your interests into your profession.
- ERA’s offices are located 850 m from the future light rail (REM) Technoparc station. This campus is currently served by the STM (bus # 72) Du College Metro and Fairview bus station.
ERA is a place for passionate and driven people who want to have pride in what they do, pride in the positive impact they have for the environment, and pride in being part of an amazing team.
- We are team players. We enjoy collaborating and hearing other viewpoints.
- We aren't fazed by multiple deadlines, accountability, or challenges.
- We believe the goal of marketing is to help people rather than push a product.
- We enjoy tackling scientifically complex projects and love to innovate.